Extended Rehab for Addiction to Alcohol and Drugs
Castle Craig, Scotland, offers longer stays for people with alcohol or drug addictions who need more time to become stable.
Our ‘Advanced Programme’ offers long-term and secondary stage residential rehab treatment from 6 weeks and onwards, for people who have already completed a 4-6 week primary addiction programme.
The Advanced recovery programme at Castle Health lasts up to 6 months or more and is a valuable resource for people who need a longer stay in residential rehab.
Ensuring a stable recovery takes time and while some people manage to quickly progress, others take longer. For those with underlying mental health issues such as trauma or eating disorders, a longer stay on an extended programme can help prevent relapse after you return home.
Who is long-stay rehab for? [graphic needed]
If you have underlying mental health problems that need longer to be addressed such as trauma, anxiety and depression;
- Complex addictions
If you have multiple addictions to different drugs and behavioural addictions;
- Long-term detoxification
If you are experiencing prolonged drug withdrawal;
- Need more time
You feel that 28 days is not enough and you need more time in a safe environment to focus on your recovery.
No matter the reason for staying longer in residential rehab, Castle Craig’s Advanced Programme gives you greater access to specialised addiction therapies and treatments and consolidates what you have already learned in your primary addiction treatment programme.
Long-Stay Drug Rehab
Some drugs take much longer to detox from, such as benzodiazepines. It is optimal to remain under the care of a multidisciplinary team during this time. Some people enter a drug rehab clinic needing a multiple-drug detox. It is advisable to give yourself the time to fully recover before getting back to your home life.
Privacy at Castle Craig
Patient privacy and confidentiality is guaranteed due to our location within 50 acres of private land in the Scottish Borders. Our beautiful country estate is located away from the city, yet close to picturesque market towns in the surrounding area and easily reachable by car. This is a great asset for our patients to fully devote themselves to their recovery.
We arrange private transfer of patients from transport hubs such as Edinburgh Airport, Edinburgh Waverley train station, Glasgow and Newcastle.
Complementary therapies such as equine therapy, art therapy, drumming, fitness and woodland therapy help people focus on connection and relationships through creative channels. These can be a powerful and revealing holistic therapy tool and contribute to long-lasting recovery. Call Castle Health today to discuss with one of our medical specialists about the best rehab treatment options for you or a loved one.
Long-Stay Rehab Treatment
After four to six weeks of intensive inpatient rehab treatment, it is recommended that patients go on to second-stage treatment. The aim of the long-term treatment programme at Recovery Gardens is to consolidate the therapeutic lessons and skills from primary care and strengthen abstinence.
At Recovery Gardens we continue the core addiction treatment programme while addressing complex psychological issues. There is a strong emphasis on relapse prevention, social skills training, assertiveness training, and therapy for dual-diagnosis problems.
The long-term treatment programme at Recovery Gardens is extremely valuable for people who could benefit from a longer stay in residential rehab. This includes patients who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- They have a long history of alcohol or drug addiction;
- They are experiencing prolonged drug withdrawal e.g. benzodiazepines;
- They have been diagnosed with a co-occurring disorder – also medically known as Dual Diagnosis. Patients with a dual-diagnosis are treated for several addictions, such as both a chemical and behavioural dependency; they might be struggling with post-traumatic stress disorder; eating disorders; mood problems, personality disorders or depression;
- They are dealing with chronic pain issues;
- They make a personal decision to devote more time to their recovery, intending to consolidate relapse prevention skills, coping skills and life skills in a safe environment.
Strengthening the Foundations for a Long-lasting Recovery
Research tells us that a full recovery from addiction with maintained, long-term abstinence, is more achievable with long-term rehab treatment of at least 90 days. This is now called the “gold standard” of addiction treatment because it has been proven that a longer stay in rehab treatment leads to overall better outcomes for the patient’s return to daily life and full recovery.
Some of the many benefits of opting for an extended treatment programme are:
- Strengthen the gains and coping mechanisms acquired in a 4-6 week intensive care programme – either in one of our clinics or in another rehab treatment centre;
- Receive further therapy to address complex issues or co-occurring disorders such as PTSD, depression, and eating disorders;
- Develop life skills in a safe environment before returning to the usual routine of daily life;
- Consolidate relapse prevention skills.
Our Approach to Secondary Rehab Treatment
We fully brief patients on the treatment and therapy programme of this stage of treatment so that they know what to expect and can be prepared for the benefits of long-term rehab treatment.
Patients are fully monitored – both medically and therapeutically. They receive ongoing follow-ups from the clinical team and therapy is managed by a highly qualified team therapists.
Staff meet regularly to discuss each patient and their individualised treatment plans with the medical and therapeutic team.
What happens During Long-Term Rehab Treatment at Castle Craig?
- Patients focus on the rest of the 12 Steps;
- A comprehensive therapy programme with regular group therapy, one-on-one therapy with a focal therapist, specialised group therapies and AA/NA fellowship meetings;
- A wide variety of complementary therapies;
- We have a 24/7 onsite medical team that supervises all patients;
- We have a team of full-time Consultant Psychiatrists;
- Our long-term treatment therapy team is very experienced and highly qualified;
- Continuing care plan for each patient;
- Onsite gym staffed by qualified instructors.