In the long-term treatment programmes at Castle Health we address complex, unresolved issues such as dual-diagnosis of addiction and other related mental health issues such as depression, bipolar disorder, eating disorders, trauma, anxiety.
There is a strong emphasis on relapse prevention and a focus on social skills training, assertiveness training and therapy for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other dual-diagnosis problems.
Private therapy sessions have particular goals, depending on the patient’s individual needs, like: releasing old, negative patterns; developing new relapse prevention skills; unwinding the negative consequences of past trauma, etc.
Therapies that patients might experience in long-term treatment at Castle Health include:
- Relapse Prevention – giving patients skills to remain abstinent and develop self-esteem;
- Reality Therapy – a problem-solving method that helps people take control of their lives and develop psychological strength to manage PTSD, anger and build self-esteem;
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – helps patients recognise triggering situations and find beneficial, healthy coping strategies to deal more effectively with their negative responses;
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy – can resolve negative emotional and behavioural problems;
- Family Therapy involves the patient’s family members in the treatment plan so as to develop a positive, encouraging environment for the patient’s long-term recovery after reintegration in daily life;
- Assertiveness Training – is a type of therapy that assists patients in rebuilding their self-confidence and overcoming self-image issues like anxiety and panic attacks, that they developed during substance abuse;
- Aftercare Treatment Planning – each patient receives a personalised two-year continuing care plan. This is discussed thoroughly with the patient and designed based on the recommendations of the patient’s focal therapist, the Consultant Psychiatrist and any other relevant people involved in the patient’s ongoing recovery.
Contact us if you have any more questions about the personalised therapy plan each patient receives while in treatment at Castle Health.